March 23, 2020
An update from TELUS Custom Security Systems
This page will be updated regularly with new information as it becomes available.
We continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely and take the necessary steps to protect the health and safety of our team members, customers and communities. With social distancing guidelines clearly outlined by many health agencies, effective Monday, March 23, we have begun leveraging virtual troubleshooting and remote repair capabilities to exclusively complete all field work outside of our customers’ homes, with the exception of emergency situations. In addition, we are only completing work inside our Business customers’ premises when we have confirmation the environment has been controlled and the risk to our team members safety is limited. If you have any questions around the processes we’ve implemented and how they may impact your current or future installation or repair appointments, please contact us at (250) 614‑8000 for local customers or 1‑844‑614‑9600 for out of town customers.
March 17, 2020
To our valued customers,
As the situation around the COVID-19 (coronavirus) continues to evolve, we are reaching out to let you know that TELUS Custom Security Systems has been closely monitoring the situation. We’d also like to share details about how our team is responding and continuing to support your business.
Our plans to maintain continuity for our customers
During times like these, our work to keep businesses connected and protected becomes even more crucial. As a national company, we prepare and train for these types of situations and we want you to know we have strong contingency plans and procedures in place.
- Our emergency management team is meeting daily to review the latest developments, put plans into action and address the questions and concerns we receive from our customers.
- The TELUS Corporate Business Continuity Office (CBCO) has activated our Emergency Management Operating Committee (EMOC) – our highest-level incident management team. This group is continuously and closely assessing the latest developments, coordinating planning, ensuring the safety of our team members, and minimizing disruption to our customers.
- There are no current impacts to our operations but as we always do, we’re monitoring our network and systems very closely and have a robust emergency response and pandemic plan in place to mitigate any impacts and manage the increased demand for enhanced capacity.
- To ensure continuity for our customers, we’re expanding our “work from home” program across our teams and equipping team members with tools to work remotely so they can stay fully connected. We continue to support our customers on a prioritized basis.
Health and safety is our top priority
We want to assure you that — now and always— the health and safety of our customers, communities and team members is our top priority.
- We are closely following the guidance and advice from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Centre for Disease Control, the World Health Organization, and other global and provincial health agencies.
- We’re prohibiting corporate travel to countries with travel advisories and all non-essential travel.
- TELUS has a Medical Advisory Council comprised of experienced medical doctors, public health experts and infectious disease specialists who are monitoring the situation very closely to ensure we’re taking every precaution.
- We want you to feel at ease during appointments at your business, so we’ve taken extra precautions and put more rigorous cleaning measures in place and equipped frontline sales teams and technicians with additional sanitization and safety products.
- We understand the need for increased flexibility right now, so if you have any questions, concerns, or wish to change an upcoming appointment, please contact us. Call (250) 614‑8000 for local customers or 1‑844‑614‑9600 for out of town customers.
You can count on TELUS
As part of our Customers First promise, we believe we have an important responsibility to help organizations leverage the full capabilities of our technology and resources to keep Canadians and businesses connected and safe.
Companies are exploring ways to give their employees the flexibility to connect, communicate and collaborate no matter where they may be working.
More than 70 per cent of our team members take advantage of Work Styles, a work program we implemented over 10 years ago. It enables team members to work securely from their home office or other remote locations. If you would like to learn more, please visit telus.com/business.
As a way to help your employees stay safe and limit their exposure, you may be interested in our virtual healthcare capabilities. The Babylon by TELUS Health app is available to all residents and businesses in B.C. and Alberta, and to businesses in Ontario. The Akira health app is available to businesses nationally. These solutions provide a range of options to text, video, or audio chat with healthcare practitioners — without going to a medical office.
Thank you for your support
Thank you for your continued support as we work through these challenges together. We are committed to sharing up-to-date information as it becomes available.
Customer safety and security is paramount and everything we do will be guided by our values and our long-standing commitment to be kind, compassionate and inclusive of everyone in our communities.
On behalf of the entire TELUS Custom Security Team, we’re here for you and your business.