Curtis-Elite Security has been delivering total home security and control solutions to homes and businesses across Northern British Columbia for over 20 years. Join a growing family that’s committed to protecting what matters most to people! We offer a team-oriented environment with regular hours, competitive wages, an employee benefits package, and ongoing training and educational opportunities. Curtis‑Elite Security is proud to now be part of the TELUS Group of companies.
Security Dispatcher / Call Centre Agent
Curtis-Elite Security is seeking a positive, energetic individual to join our team as a SECURITY DISPATCHER / CALL CENTRE AGENT at our Central Station located in downtown PRINCE GEORGE, BC. This is a full-time position and as our Central Station runs 24/7/365 this position may involve shift (night) work.
The Security Dispatcher / Call Centre Agent will be responsible for handling all incoming alarm signal activities, as well as taking calls for answering service clients and WorkSafeBC check-in lines. They will also make outbound calls in order to contact customers, emergency contacts, and police/fire departments regarding alarm activities while following standard operating procedures. This role requires significant multi-tasking on phones as well as precision in taking instructions, typing, reading, speaking and writing/recording information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate computer-aided telecommunications and dispatching equipment;
- Respond quickly and precisely to incoming calls for emergency assistance or service;
- Notify appropriate authorities and customers when alarm signals are received. Must be able to adhere to standard operating procedures and special instructions;
- Work with repair technicians, guards, etc to ensure that signals are received properly and that circuits and signaling devices are restored to normal operation;
- Provide courteous, professional customer service; and
- Update necessary data when required.
- Previous dispatch experience is desired.
- Must be bondable (basic security clearance and criminal record check is required).
- Post-secondary education and intermediate computer skills are an asset.
- Must have the ability to multi-task well and maintain composure under extreme pressure.
- Be self-motivated with a positive work ethic, detail-oriented and able to manage time productively.
Curtis-Elite offers a team-oriented workplace, competitive wages, an employee benefits package, and ongoing training and educational development opportunities.