New > Emergency Response Dispatcher
Curtis-Elite Security is seeking an EMERGENCY RESPONSE DISPATCHER to join our monitoring team at our downtown Prince George, BC Central Station. This is a full-time position.
The Emergency Response Dispatcher will be responsible for handling all incoming alarm signal activities. They will also make outbound calls in order to contact customers, emergency contacts, and Police/Fire Departments regarding alarm activities while following standard operating procedures. This role requires heavy multi-tasking on phones as well as taking verbal instructions, typing, reading, speaking and writing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate computer-aided communications and dispatching equipment;
- Respond quickly and precisely to incoming calls and emergency assistance or service;
- Notify appropriate authorities and customers when alarm signal is received. Must be able to adhere to standard operating procedures and special instructions;
- Work with repair technicians, guards, etc to ensure that signals are received properly and that circuits and signaling devices are restored to normal operation;
- Provide professional customer service; and
- Update necessary data when required.
- Previous dispatch experience is preferred but we will train the right candidate.
- Post-secondary education and intermediate computer skills are an asset.
- Must be bondable (basic security clearance and criminal record check is required for this position).
- Must have the ability to multi-task well under extreme pressure.
- Be self-motivated with a positive work ethic, detail-oriented and able to manage time productively.